WIN A FREE TRIP FOR TWO TO VIENNA AND SALZBURG, AUSTRIA (Mozart’s Birthplace)!
Maybe you’ve heard of playing air guitar… But have you ever found yourself AIR CONDUCTING a great piece of classical music? If so, you’re on your way to participating in an exciting contest. If not, grab a stick and get your inner maestro on. If you think you’ve got some mad skills in the conducting department, you could win a trip to Vienna and Salzburg, Austria and have a great time participating!
Here’s how it works:
Record a video of yourself air conducting your favorite piece of classical music. You may ask yourself, is it all about technical skills? Well…yes and no. We’ll take it into account in the selection process, but this is also about enthusiasm, passion, and showmanship. Whether you conduct in a t-shirt, tux, tutu or powdered wig is up to you, but you don’t necessarily need to be a music major or virtuoso. Theatricality, drama and comedy count most. The more outlandish and memorable your performance, the better your chances.
Entries must be no longer than 3 minutes. Upload it to YouTube and send the link to [email protected] with “Air Conducting Entry” in the subject line. There is no cost to enter.
Include in your email:
*Title and composer of piece
*Your name, phone number, and whatever else you’d like to include about yourself
Deadline for entries: Monday, January 15th, 2018 at midnight
Four finalists will be notified by phone on Tuesday afternoon, January 17th.
The final round of the contest takes place on Mozart’s birthday: Saturday, January 27th, 2018 at 6:15 p.m. at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, 100 South Central Expy. #14, Richardson, TX 75080
The music for the final round will be recorded, NOT live. We will select the piece you will conduct (it’ll be by Mozart, of course) and provide you with the official recording.
You will be projected on to the movie screen during your performance.
Admission price (not for you, but for others attending): $12
A panel of five judges will choose the winner, but there will also be a prize for the audience favorite.
A trip for two to Austria, including round-trip airfare from DFW, lodging in Vienna and Salzburg, round trip train travel from Vienna to Salzburg and $500 in Visa travel cards.
More information about the Grand Prize trip may be found below.
What are you waiting for? Dust off that old score of Rite of Spring and get with it!!!
ELIGIBILITY & RESTRICTIONS:
- One entry per person.
- Participants must be 18 years or older at the time of entry.
- Employees of the City of Dallas, WRR-FM, Alamo Drafthouse and their family members are not eligible to participate or win.
- The decision of the judges will be final.
- Travel for the grand prize trip is provided by and all arrangements will be made through Sun and Fun Media, Inc. and all arrangments must be made and travel vouchers must be used by January 27, 2019.
By entering into the Air Conducting Extravaganza contest, participants, finalists and winners agree to be bound by the following:
- Participants, finalists and winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions made by WRR-FM with respect to the administration of the Air Conducting Extravaganza and the choice of the winners.
- Participants, finalists and winners understand and agree to look to Sun and Fun Media, Inc. for all obligations and liabilities related to, or arising out of, the travel, the travel vouchers, and travel arrangements for the grand prize trip before, during and after the trip.
- Participants, finalists and winners agree to WRR-FM’s use of their voice and likeness for purposes of the Air Conducting Extravaganza.
- Participants, finalists and winners further agree that entries shall become the property of WRR-FM.
Grand Prize Trip Information
Travel provided by and arrangements made through Sun and Fun Travel, Inc.
Winner will be provided with booking information and instructions at the conclusion of the contest finals on January 27, 2018.
The Grand Prize trip to Vienna and Salzburg includes:
- Round-trip air transportation from DFW to Vienna, Austria
- Four nights hotel accommodations in Vienna
- Round-trip train transportation from Vienna to Salzburg, Austria
- Two nights hotel accomodations in Salzburg
- $500 in Visa gift cards
Airline and hotels will be selected and booked by Sun and Fun Travel, Inc. based on availability at the time reservations are made. Air travel will be in economy class and hotels are four star/tourist class.
Trip extensions and upgrades may be made at winner’s expense through Sun and Fun Travel, Inc.
Winner must make reservations and arrangements a minimum of 90 days in advance. Major holidays and event dates will be excluded. These dates will be provided by Sun and Fun Travel at the time the Grand Prize is awarded.
Winner will be responsible for all domestic and foreign taxes including but not limited to hotel taxes, resort fees and incidental expenses.