WRR Classical 101.1 FM is owned and operated by the City of Dallas. The station broadcasts a 24-hour classical music format serving the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.
WRR Radio prides itself in being able to recruit and hire a diverse group of professionals whom we consider among the best talent in the radio industry. We also understand that an organization such as ours, composed of various perspectives, viewpoints and backgrounds, needs individuals that will allow us to continue with this viewpoint.
For information about specific job openings, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Non Civil Service Position)
Are you an energetic, positive, highly motivated sales professional with a passion for uncovering client needs and solving client problems? This career may be perfect for you!
Rich with heritage, WRR Classical 101.1 FM was licensed by the FCC in 1921, continuously owned by The City of Dallas and is Texas’ first radio station, America’s second radio station, and the birthplace of disc jockeys and radio commercials. Today, WRR is a critical piece of the fabric of the arts and cultural landscape across North Texas.
WRR has one rare opening to add to one of the best media sales teams in North Texas. We provide: uncapped earning potential, better than average commissions, a premium market-exclusive product, outstanding training, continuous support, excellent employee benefits and an exceptional pension plan.
- Achieve revenue goals as defined by management.
- Sell and service assigned account list and develop new business accounts.
- Create customized presentations of the highest quality for new and existing accounts.
- Develop and grow new relationships at multiple levels of the customer’s organization in order to guarantee effective contacts internal to the organization and to be aware of problems and opportunities.
- Maintain call volume of no less than ten face-to-face meetings per week.
- Accurately forecast revenue on a rolling three-month basis.
- Adhere to station policies regarding pricing, merchandising, commercial content, competitive product protection, etc., and monitor competition with the highest degree of integrity and ethics.
- Must be a self-starter and independent producer.
- Minimum two years of quota-carrying media sales experience or related business to business sales experience required.
- Proven ability to generate new accounts not related to ratings or traditional media efficiencies.
- A Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in advertising/communications/media/journalism is preferred, but not a requirement for someone with the right experience, aptitude, and attitude.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Diplomacy, honesty, integrity, tact, creativity, “win-win” solution-seeking manner of conducting business is critical.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and negotiation skills a must.
- Natural ability to cold call, resulting in-person appointments is required.
- Must be able to utilize research appropriately and effectively in presentations.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point for presentations preferred.
To apply, click HERE.
The City of Dallas is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Minorities, women, veterans, and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Click here for our 2015 EEO Public File Report: 15EEOC